The volunteer training course has been designed to help you understand the requirements and responsibilities of a mandated reporter in California.
This program will provide an overview of the significant definitions, requirements and protections of the California Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Act.
The Volunteer Training Module for Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Training - California is a two hour training that includes four sections. Each section will conclude with practice test questions or vignettes. This is a stand-alone training that does not require completion of the general training course or an exam.
You will Learn
- How the law defines child abuse and neglect
- What the law requires of a mandated reporter
- What protections the law provides for a mandated reporter
- How to spot evidence of child abuse
- How to report child abuse
- What happens after a report is filed
The Volunteers Training course may take you up to 2 hours to complete. You will receive a certificate for your records upon completion of the training.