CALIFORNIA VOLUNTEERS - AB506
Mandated Reporter Training for Volunteers provides an overview of the definitions, requirements and protections of the California Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Act as it pertains to volunteers of youth service organizations and other entities that work with children. It satisfies the training requirement set forth under California Assembly Bill 506.
This standalone module is a 2 hour course that includes eight lessons and concludes with challenge questions/scenarios.
At the conclusion of the training you will take a final exam which will test the information that you have learned during the training. It consists of 10 questions and requires an 80% or higher to be completed. You may take this exam as many times as needed.
You will Learn
- How the law defines child abuse and neglect
- What the law requires of a mandated reporter
- What protections the law provides for a mandated reporter
- How to spot evidence of child abuse
- How to report child abuse
- What happens after a report is filed
The Volunteers training may take you up to 2 hours to complete.